Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Demon Wars

Adam has asked me that if I ever wrote a book, what would it be about?
I never really knew, but I did know it would be a fantasy.
They're more fun.
Anyway, I had a dream last night that would make a pretty good one I think if I elaborated on it.
More like a one shot or short story, but whatever.
I'm going to jot down what I remember and what I'd like to add.
I doubt I'd ever write this for real, but I'd like to still have it here.


Whole bunch of us going out to fight against demons.
Kind of an end of the world situation. Everything was just destroyed.
I was helping lead.
I was in love with this guy.
He had another girl (not a fighter) but maybe something was there.
We were really close and had been spending a lot of time together.
A girl can hope.
Something -a weapon, poison, rain, bomb?- when it hit anyone would give them about one minute before setting in an killing them.
It would also turn them berserk for that time.
Friends were going down but we were winning.
All short range and hand to hand combat.
Found the boss.
It was down to me, my best friend, and the guy.
The boss had many minions but they were all that was left.
They took most the minions and I took the boss and others.
Best friend finished hers and came to help.
We got hit with that weapon or whatever it was.
We were able to remain in control and not berserk and fight it for five minutes.
In which time we beat boss.
Right then my friend berserked for about ten seconds.
I was able to avoid her attack until she stopped.
My friend fell from the weapon and fight then.
My vision was going out - having to fight to stay alive and not go crazy plus from injuries- but I could see the guy about ten feet in front of me.
He was looking my way but not moving, weapon drawn but hesitant, as if he was waiting for me to berserk too.
I couldn't see his face because I was so weak.
I fell then.

Then I woke up.
It felt like moments to me, but they said it had been about three years.
Things looked almost exactly the same way they did at the fight.
A female demon approached me.
I put my guard up for a moment, but noticed that she seemed surprised by this and didn't look like she meant any harm.
She slowly approached me and told me that she had been waiting for me to wake up.
The demon helped me up and took me somewhere to change and get cleaned up.
Then she took me to my old base.
Inside I saw the guy.
He had matured three years, but hadn't changed all that much physically in the three years.
To me, it only felt like it had been a day.
But he gave me a look as if he was seeing a ghost for a moment.
I smiled and ran up to hug him and remembered when I pulled away that years had passed.
He looked bewildered. As if it wasn't real.
The demon pulled me away then to talk with me and help prepare dinner.
She was really quite kind.
She told me what happened after the fight.
Weapon planned by boss.
Demons wake up in about a days time whereas people take around five years.
I woke up early.
If someone is moved, they won't wake up.
That's why it was still a mess.
Didn't tell humans, only demons.
They "preserved" us as a reminder of their victory.
Boss actually wanted us to come back after they took over for some bigger scheme.
People formed families.
Families, as they were referred to, were groups of humans. Most people died pre and during the demon wars.
Many more, whom the boss didn't find necessary, were killed after.
People gathered into groups during these hard times to act as families - since few were actually still in tact - and help each other survive.
I asked about the guy and all she told me was that he doesn't smile anymore.
That he hasn't since the fight.
He's kind of become the leader of the humans since I've been gone. (sly reference to below)
She said he was serious all the time now.
But when no one was looking, he was sad.
At dinner the girl he was dating before the fight was there.
She seemed super sad and quiet the whole time and hardly looked up from her food.
It was clear they were not together, but there weren't very many human "families" for her to choose from.
The guy kept glancing at me with sadness and confusion in his eyes.
Not once did he smile.
A girl strolled in then and took the seat next to him, grabbing his hand.
She seemed well put together, more like the demons than the straggly, post-apocalyptic humans. But she was human.
She was beautiful and reminded me of someone.
He seemed to be in a better mood once she arrived. Not quite happy, but not nearly as sad any longer.
These two were clearly together.
But somehow I couldn't hate her.
Whether it was because she did lift his spirits or because she seemed familiar(with a positive feeling), I just couldn't.
I still wasn't comfortable with it though and quickly finished my food and left.

Side notes that didn't quite fit in to the story, just happened.
Later I approach him about why he is acting weird around me and he'll blurt out that he thinks it's his fault I "died." And he'd finally started coming to terms with it and putting his life back together when I "came back to life."
Turns out I was the princess. The boss killing my parents started the whole thing.
Luckily-dreams...-I'd been trained all my life in katana and hand to hand combat and was able to lead the fight.
Need to make a backstory were guy falls for me :p

No comments:

Post a Comment